y - Ent Springvine (Deceased)
Level 4 Wood Elf Ranger
Wood Elf Ranger
Updated after 55.
|STR: 13||DEX: 14||CON: 10||INT: 13||WIS: 16||CHA: 8|
|HP: 26.3||AC: 18 (w. Breastplate (14+2) + Shield (2))||Save Proficiencies: STR, DEX|
|Passive Perception: 17||Passive Investigation: 13||Senses: Darksvision 60’.||Speed: 35||Height: 5’ 3’’||Weight: 106 lbs.|
|Armor and Weapon Proficiencies:||Medium Armor||All Weapons|
|Handaxe||+3||Ranged (20’/60’)||1d6+1 Slashing.||N/A||Light, Thrown.||Silver Rapier||+4||N/A||1d8+2 Piercing.||N/A||Finesse.||Rapier||+4||N/A||1d8+2 Piercing.||N/A||Finesse.||Dagger||+4||Ranged (20’/60’)||1d4+2 Slashing or Piercing.||N/A||Finesse, Light, Thrown.|
|Exhausting Longbow||+4||Ranged (150’/600’)||1d8+2 piercing||N/A||2h. Heavy. Ammunition|
- Fey Ancestry: I have advantage on saving throws vs. Charm, and can’t be magically put to sleep.
- Trance: I trance, semiconscious, 4 hours a night.
- Wood Elf Fleetness: My move speed is 35’.
- Mask of the Wilds: I can Hide behind lightly obscuring natural phenomena (underbrush, heavy rain…)
- Fighting Style – Archery: +2 to attack rolls with ranged weapons.
- Background – Outlander:
- Personal Feature – Root: 1 Turn to root ; While rooted +2 accuracy +1d8 bonus dmg ; 1 min unroot (Can act while unrooting) ; Fast unroot 2 rounds 1d8 self damage per round
- Feat – Perceptive: +1 Wis. +Proficiency (2) to Perception. In lightly obscured area, no disadvantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks I can see or hear.
- Ranger Conclave – Hunter:
- Hunter’s Prey – Hoard Breaker: Once per turn, can attack a different target with the same weapon withing 5 feet of the original target
- Primeval Awareness:
- Innate ability to communicate with beasts
- Recognized as a kindred spirit by beasts
- Can communicate simple ideas to a beast as an action
- Can read a beasts’ basic mood and intent
- Learn its emotional state, whether or not it’s affected by any magic, short term needs
- Learn actions to take to persuade beasts not to attack
- Favored Enemy – Monstrosities:
- I do +2 damage vs. my Favored Enemy, monstrosities.
- I have advantage on Survival checks to track monstrosities, and Intelligence checks to remember information about them.
- I learn one language spoken by monstrosities.
- Natural Explorer: I get the following benefits at all times:
- Ignore difficult terrain.
- Advantage on Initiative.
- Advantage on first turn of combat against creatures yet to act.
- I get the following benefits after travelling in nature for 1 hr. or more:
- Difficult terrain doesn’t slow group’s travel.
- Group can’t become lost save by magical means.
- Alert to danger while travelling even if foraging, navigating, tracking.
- Can stealth at normal pace if alone.
- Find twice as much food from foraging.
- When tracking creatures can learn exact number, sizes, how long ago passed through.
- Speak With Animals:
1 Action : Range Self : V, S : 10 Min
You gain the ability to comprehend and verbally communicate with beasts for the duration. The knowledge and awareness of many beasts is limited by their intelligence, but at minimum, beasts can give you information about nearby locations and monsters, including whatever they can perceive or have perceived within the past day. You might be able to persuade a beast to perform a small favor for you, at the DM’s discretion.
1 Action : Range Touch : V, S, M (A grasshopper’s hind leg) : 1 Min
You touch a creature, the creature’s jump distance is tripled until the spell ends.
- Cure Wounds
1 Action : Range Touch : V, S : Instantaneous
A creature you touch regains a number o f hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
|Silver Rapier||1||2 lbs.||None.|
|Net||1||3 lbs.||Large or smaller creature hit is Restrained until freed, unless incorporeal. Can free self or other within range by DC 10 STR check (action), or by doing 5 slashing damage (AC 10) to net, destroying it without harming occupant. Can only do one net attack/round regardless of Extra Attacks or other rules.|
|Exhausting Longbow||1||2 lbs.||(Cost) Action and 1 hit die: (Effect) +1 Accuracy / +1 damage.|
|Backpack||1||5 lbs.||Organizes all my bits.|
|Bedroll||1||7 lbs.||I sleep on it so I’m not sore in the morning.|
|Hempen Rope (50’)||1||5 lbs.||You ALWAYS. NEED. ROPE.|
|Hunting Trap||1||25 lbs.||Action to set – creature touching it caught, immobilized, 1d4 piercing damage (save DEX DC 13). Movement thereafter limited by 3’ chain. DC 13 STR check to free self or other within range – failed checks do 1 piercing damage to caught creature.|
|Messkit||1||1 lbs.||Eating with my hands is not fun!|
|Quiver (Full)||2||4 lbs.||20 arrows each. 10 Silver Arrows|
|Waterskin||1||5 lbs. (full)||Holds water. And such.|
|Rations||5||10 lbs.||Eating with my hands is not fun!|
|Cashbox||1||881GP + expedition 51 GP + exp 51 log GP|
Donated all effects to LMF on death (Magic Longbow, Silver Rapier, Breastplate, 1586 gp).
Growing up in times of tension over the growing goblin threat, Ent always wanted to be a ranger. He fantasized about their ability to prepare for any situation and started his military training as soon as possible. Eventually, Ent was deployed in the goblin forest for long term reconnaissance where he spent many years alone. From the safety of the trees, he learned the culture and language of his enemies, their patrols and their lifestyle. After many years, Ent’s confidence brought him down from the safety of the canopy to the ground where he could travel faster.
Shortly after moving to the forest floor, Ent started tracking a giant, Confident in his abilities to keep a safe distance away. In the underbrush he watched the giant. A falling tree spooked the giant towards Ent’s position. Ent turned to keep away but only managed a few steps before falling into a spike trap unseen from his original canopy position. The giant approached as Ent scrambled out of the trap. With a final push, he heaved himself to the side of the trap but didn’t manage to get out of the trampling path of the giant.
Ent woke up to the feeling of splinters in his veins. After his body was found by another scout, his body was brought home where he was nurtured back to health. A parasitic tree planted in his body to hold his shattered bones together. Ashamed of his failure to prepare a safe escape, Ent left his home in search of redemption. His goal was to train and prepare himself for any situation. This path led him to Silanya, A land of constant unknowns and carries the tree as a constant reminder of his overconfidence.