y - Marc Cooperson (Deceased)
Level 4 Human Sorcerer
Up to date as of Oct 3, 2017Human Draconic Bloodline Sorcerer
|STR: 11||DEX: 11||CON: 16||INT: 10||WIS: 8||CHA: 14|
|HP: 39||AC: 16||Save Proficiencies: CON, CHA|
|Passive Perception: 9||Passive Investigation: 10||Speed: 30’, climb 30’|
|Armour and Weapon Proficiencies:||No Armour||Daggers, Darts, Slings, Quarterstaffs, Light crossbows|
|Carpenter’s Tools||+5||From Hunt-Stolen|
- Tough (Feat): Hit point maximum increases by 2 hp / level
- Sorcerous Origin: Draconic Bloodline
- Whenever you make a Charisma check to interact with dragons, your proficiency bonus is doubled if it applies to the check
- Draconic Resilience: Hit point maximum increases by 1 hp / level. When not wearing armour, AC = 13 + Dex
- Feat: Magic Initiate – gain 2 cantrips and one 1st level spell (1/LR) from the warlock spell list
- One-and-One (Nascent): Bonded with an aberrant symbiote / parasite thing. +3 HP. Learned Deep Speech.
- Gnawing Hunger: You require 1d4 rations per day, and must also eat something living in order to count as having eaten that day.
- Mind’s Grip: You can use a psionic ability equivalent to Mage Hand – it’s invisible and can lift 30 lbs. With a DC 15 int check, you can use a bonus action to have it use Help for your attacks and checks within range. (For now, you can decide to have no save involved with your Mind’s Grip advantage against a thing you’re hunting, but that means connecting more deeply with the Hunt Mode so the damage doubles if it gets away.)
- Climb speed: You have a climb speed equal to your movement.
- Vulnerable to fire and acid,
- base AC goes to 16,
- gained psionic ability to deal cold damage as per the spell Heat Metal except to anything with bones and it’s once / short rest and when the spell ends he takes 1d4 damage for every round it was active
- disadvantage (and cannot be Helped) on social interactions except intimidate when dealing with non-aberrations
(Your surge in power has slightly loosened your grip on the Human side of your now rather mixed ancestry. Your eyes have two pupils, each of which occupies a half of your eyeball (as of now no mechanical effect), and little ridges of chitin occasionally move and bulge under your skin (ditto). Moreover, from very still and a little eerily flat, your demeanor has gone to the point of being downright unsettling; you never seem to blink, and when you orient on sounds or words you rapidly shift a staring, laser-focused countenance towards them – think like a bird of prey or an insect shifting rapidly in response to stimuli.)
- Fairy Blood: Vulnerable to iron weapons (1.5x damage from mixed metals, 2x damage from pure iron)
- Transmutation Sensitivity: While under the influence of a transmutation spell, gain the poisoned condition for the duration of the spell. When a transmutation spell is cast within 5’ of you, gain disadvantage on the next attack roll, saving throw or ability check you make within 1 minute.
- Hunt Mode: Choose a creature to target. You have +4 to attack your target, and any spells you cast have +4 DC against that creature. If you damage the target, do an extra 1d6 bonus damage. You have advantage on Perception and Survival checks to track it. If the target is alive and you stop hunting it for more than one minute, take 1d6 psychic damage and the effect ends. Once per short rest.
- Has 3 sorcery points which can be converted into spells or used for metamagic
- Metamagic known: Distant Spell (doubles range – 1 sorcery point), and Quickened Spell (cast as bonus action – 2 sorcery points)
- Dancing Lights: (120’, VSM, 4 torch-size lights, as a bonus action can move lights up to 60’)
- Firebolt: (120’, VS, 1d10 fire damage)
- Frostbite: (60’, VS, Con save or 1d6 frost damage and disadvantage on next weapon attack roll)
- Ray of Frost: (60’, VS, 1d8 cold damage and speed reduced by 10’ until start of your next turn)
- Eldritch Blast
- [one other]
- Magic Missile: (120’, VS, 3 darts which deal 1d4 + 1 damage each)
- Shield: (Self, VS, reaction, +5 AC until the start of your next turn)
- Hex: (warlock spell, 1/LR)
- Mirror Image (self, VS, 1 min, 3 duplicates appear: AC 10, roll to see what enemies hit)
- Scorching Ray (120’, VS, 3 rays which deal 2d6 fire damage each)
- Shatter (50’, VSM, 10’ radius, 3d8 thunder or CON for half)
(Capacity = 43 / 110 lbs.)
|Basic Adventuring Supplies||1||42 lb||Backpack, clothing, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, waterskin, 50’ silk rope, half a tent.|
|Tungsten dagger||1||1 lb||Specially made by JP. Named Death|
|Theater Of The Mind: The Stranger Powers And How To Harness Them (book)||1||Grants advantage on all downtime checks made to improve one’s psionic abilities (provided these abilities are no more powerful than emulating a 1st or lower level spell). You can gain this benefit without mastering the book, but only one non-master can use the book at once. Takes 10 research points from someone with a psionic ability to master it, then you can loan the book to someone else.|
|Bronze carpentry tools||1 set||Specially made by JP.|
|Iron-free climbing kit||1||12 lbs, worth 40 gp|
Val owes him 1000 gp
log update bonus: 0.1 hp (exp. 46)
Marc grew up in a small but surprisingly multicultural town on the mainland. He had enough to eat, a family that loved him, and a modest and achievable set of life goals: grow up, learn to make barrels, make barrels. Take over the family business.
Regrettably, at the age of twelve Marc was stolen from his family by a Lord of the Fey. He was transformed into a magical hound and made to join the Great Hunt, which rides through our world and Fairy hunting worthy prey. Eventually, the fey lord returned Marc to human form and his home village, but a hundred years had passed, and he found himself alone in a world he no longer understood.
Despite his inexpressible relief at being back in the mortal world, Marc quickly found himself becoming antsy and unsatisfied in his attempts to settle in and try to begin a normal life. His time on the Hunt had changed him, and it became clear that the quiet life he dreamed of as a child had ceased to be an option for him. Instead, Marc booked passage to Silanya. He hopes that becoming an adventurer will be enough to settle the part of him that doesn’t know how to do anything but hunt, so he can spend his off time focused on finding his place in the world and figuring out how to be a person again.