Level 4 Tiefling Warlock (Fiend/Fae)
Tiefling Warlock (Fiend / Fae Pact) [LN]
Updated after Expedition 67
|STR: 12||DEX: 12||CON: 9||INT: 5||WIS: 10||CHA: 18|
|HP: 22.1||AC: 13||XP: 8066 (3934 to Level 5)||Save Proficiencies: WIS, CHA|
|Passive Perception: 10||Passive Investigation: 7||Senses: Darkvision 60’||Spell Save DC: 14||Speed: 30||Height: 5’10"||Weight: 155|
|Boons:||Pack-Brother of the Land: Pack Tactics with Rock, Raevori, Tabitha, Valerian, Beauregarde against Aberrations.||Knight of the Green: Magic longbow fires Eldritch Spears (300’). Handsome Leaf Doublet. Instructions from Granny. More to follow.||Crown of Springtide: One randomized Warlock feature: Invocation, (Partial) Pact Boon, Patron Feature. Can reroll with level up.||Fey Charm: +2 Charisma @ 4th Level||Lingering Targeting: After turn spent Warging into Dorkins, can attack (flat roll) on anything Dorkins saw that would otherwise not be visible to Lucens. (Equates to every other turn.)|
|Injuries:||Cranial Scarring: Permanent – 5 to Intelligence from shrapnel damage after suicide attack by Flying Dog Servitor (Expedition 32)||Lacerated Throat: -1 to Constitution from a Fishfolk Sniper’s bullet (Expedition 33)||
||Currently Training:||Danger Room Stats Up Level 1 (w. Kal) (50/100)|
|Armor and Weapon Proficiencies:||Light Armor||Simple Weapons||Thieves’ Tools|
|Thieves’ Tools||+3||From Criminal.|
|Create Bonfire||DEX Save 14||60’||1d8 Fire||V / S||5’ cube within range – save if entering, starting turn or ending turn in space.|
|Dagger [Thrown]|| + 3 [+3]||Melee [20’/60’]||1d4+1 Piercing||N/A||2 in Inventory.|
|Eldritch Spear (Grandmother’s Bow)||+ 6||300’||1d10 Force||V / S (In Bow form?)||More beams at Levels 5 (2 Beams), 11 (3 Beams), 17 (4 Beams) – all target independently.
Range to 120’ if not using Bow.
|Grandmother’s Longsword (Shillelagh-ed)||+ 3 (+ 6)||Melee||1d8 Slashing (+ 4)||N/A||Versatile (d10). Proficiency only with this longsword as a Knight of the Green.|
|Frostbite||CON DC 14||60’||1d6 Cold||V / S||On fail, target has Disadvantage on next attack.|
|Hellish Rebuke||DEX DC 14||60’||3d10 Fire||V / S||Reaction to attack by target I can see within range. Save for half damage.|
|Devastating Scorching Ray of Aggravation||+ 6 (x 3)||120’||2d6 Fire||V / S||Beams target independently. Crit on 18-20. Target(s) can use Reaction to Attack me.|
|Shocking Grasp||+ 6||Melee||1d8 Lightning||V / S||Advantage vs. Metal Armor. Cancels target’s Reaction on hit.|
|Vicious Mockery||WIS DC 14||60’||1d4 Psychic||V||On fail, target has Disadvantage on next attack. Must be able to hear me.|
- Infernal Legacy: I know the Thaumaturgy cantrip and the Hellish Rebuke spell, which I can cast without using a spell slot once per Long Rest. More spells as I level.
- Hellish Resistance: I resist Fire damage.
- Dark One’s Blessing: When I reduce a hostile creature to 0 hit points, I gain THP equal to CHA Mod + Warlock Level (8) from the Infernal blood that taints me.
- Pact of the Chain: I learn Find Familiar and can cast it as a ritual. It doesn’t count against my Spells Known. My familiar can be an Imp or a Sprite (I can swap out semi-freely). I can use an Attack action to let my familiar make an Attack using its reaction. After much training, I can shoot ranged attacks using the vision of my Familiar to guide my shots.
- Familiar – Forcans (aka “Dorkins”) (LE Fiend)
|STR: 6||DEX: 17||CON: 13||INT: 11||WIS: 12||CHA: 14|
|HP: 19||AC: 13||Damage Immunities: Fire, Poison, Poisoned condition||Damage Resistances: Cold, Physical (unless Magic or Silvered weapon)|
|Passive Perception: 11||Passive Investigation: 10||Senses: Darkvision 120’ (Inc. Magical Darkness)||Spell Save DC: 11|| Speed:
20’, Fly 40’
|Height: 1’10"||Weight: 8 lbs.|
|Persuasion||+4||From Imp .|
Shapechanger: Action -
Polymorph into form of rat (speed 20’), raven (20’, fly 60’), or Spider (20’, climb 20’), or true form. Stats otherwise unchanged. Equipment carried or worn not transformed. Reverts to true form on death.
Devil’s Sight: Can see through magical darkness.
Magic Resistance: Advantage on saves against Spells and other magical effects. Shares with Lucens if within 10’ of him.
- Sting (Bite if Beast): +5, 1d4 + 3 piercing. 3d6 Poison damage, CON DC 11 for ½.
- Invisibility: Invisible until it attacks, or until Concentration ends. Any equipment the imp worn or carried turns Invisible.
- Familiar – Atisse (NG Fae)
|STR: 3||DEX: 18||CON: 10||INT: 14||WIS: 13||CHA: 11|
|HP: 2||AC: 15 (Leather)|
|Passive Perception: 13||Passive Investigation: 12||Spell Save DC: 10|| Speed:
10’, Fly 40’
|Height: 10"||Weight: 1 lbs.|
|Stealth||+ 8||From Sprite.|
- Longsword: +2, 1 slashing damage.
- Shortbow: 40’/160’ – 1 piercing damage, target Saves DC 10 CON or Poisoned 1 min. If fails by 5+, Unconscious until 1 minute, takes damage, Action used to shake it awake.
- Heart Sight: Sprite touches creature, magically knows its current emotional state. If target target fails DC 10 CHA save, sprite also knows creature’s alignment. Celestials, Fiends, Undead automatically fail save.
- Invisibility: Invisible until it attacks, or until Concentration ends. Any equipment worn or carried turns Invisible.
- Knight of the Green: I gain the Grandmother’s Bow. I gain the Crown of Springtide. I can choose Fey or Fiend boons at Warlock level up. More to follow.
- Background – Criminal: I have a Criminal Contact; I am unfortunately barred from contact with them by the terms of my Bonded Servitude, and besides, they are Home. (INACTIVE).
- Personal Feature: Ni Diable, Ni Maitre – I ground my own Pact against the particularly strong atavism in my blood, so am not beholden to any extraplanar entities as most Fiend Pact Warlocks are. (This is the only reason Fior consented to have my sentence served here.) Occasionally my blood releases more spells to my control, in exchange for penalties that are for now between Fior and myself. In addition, I have advantage to Deception Checks vs. Insight – many of my secrets are not my own to share, and so I have rigorously trained so that my Jailor will not be shamed by my indiscretion.
- Misty Visions: Silent Image as at-will action, no slot or components. ((V, S) – I create an object, creature or visible phenomenon within a 15-foot cube within 60’ for 10 minutes concentration. The image is purely visual; it isn’t accompanied by sound, smell, or other sensory effects. I can use an action to move it to any spot within range. The image alters to appear natural – if I create an image of a creature and move it, I can alter the image so that it appears to be walking. If I alter an image of terrain, it shifts accordingly. Physical interaction reveals image to be an illusion; things can pass through it. Using an action to examine the image sees through it (literally and figuratively) with Investigation DC 14.)
- Voice of the Chain Master: I can see through, speak through, and telepathically communicate with my Familiar if we are on the same hex.
- Create Bonfire (60’ – 5’ cube bonfire within range; entering space or starting/ending turn in space save DC 14 DEX or 1d8 Fire) (V, S, Action) (Conc. 1 minute.)
- Eldritch Spear (300’ – + 6, 1d10 Force) (V, S, Action)
- Frostbite (60’ – save DC 14 CON or 1D6 Cold, next Attack has Disadvantage) (V, S, Action)
- Guidance (Touch – willing creature adds 1d4 to ONE Ability Check, after rolling, during duration.) (V, S, Action) (Conc., 1 minute)
- Mage Hand (30’ – Spectral hand can go w/in 30 ft., pick up and carry items < 10 lbs., open unlocked doors, etc.; action per round to move/manipulate. (V, S, Action) (1 min. duration)
- Shillelagh (Touch – For 1 Minute, Longsword becomes CHA-based, magical.) (V, S, M (mistletoe, shamrock leaf, Longsword)) (Bonus Action)
- Shocking Grasp (Touch – +6, 1d8 Lightning Damage (Advantage if Metal Armor), on hit target gets no Reactions this turn.) (V, S, Action)
- Thaumaturgy (30’ – Cause a ‘Minor Wonder’, stack up to 3 effects, inc.: Voice triples in volume; Flames flicker/brighten/dim/change colour; Harmless ground tremors; instantaneous sound of my choice from point of my choice; unlocked door or window opens or shuts; alter eyes’ appearance.) (V, Action) (Conc., 1 minute)
- Vicious Mockery (60’ – A creature I can see and that can hear (if not understand) me must save WIS DC 14 or take 1d4 Psychic Damage and face Disadvantage on its next attack.) (V, Action)
- Armor of Agathys (Self – +10 THP, If creature hits with Melee while have them, 10 Cold Damage) (V, S, M (cup of water)) (1 hr.)
- Command (60’ – 2 creatures I can see w/in 30’ of each other must save WIS DC 14 or perform my one word command next turn. Examples: Approach (target moves towards me by the shortest and most direct route, ending its turn if it moves within 5 feet); Drop (target drops whatever it is holding, then ends its turn); Flee (target spends its turn moving away from me by the fastest available means); Grovel (target falls prone, then ends its turn); Halt (target doesn’t move and takes no actions; a flying creature can stay aloft, moving as little as needed to do so); or others at DM discretion.) (V, Action)
- Hellish Rebuke (60’ – Target that I can see and that attacked me takes 3d10 fire damage, save DEX DC 14 for half.) (V, S, Reaction) [1/LR – Tiefling]
- Empowering Clumsy Hex (90’ – Target I can see takes extra 1d6 Necrotic from my attacks, Disadv. on Ability Checks of 1 stat. Next spell I cast has +1 die of damage/healing or +2 Save DC as I choose. Provokes AOOs on cast.) (V, S, M (Eye of Newt), Bonus Action) (Conc., 1 hr.)
- Invisibility (Touch – Target is Invisible until spell ends, or it attacks or casts a spell.) (V, S, M (eyelash encased in gum arabic), Action) (Conc., 1 hr.)
- Devastating Scorching Ray of Aggression (120’ – +6, 3 Beams of 2d6 Fire, can concentrate or spread out beams. Crits on 18-20. Target can use reactions to attack me.) (V, S, Action)
- Phantasmal Force (60’ – Craft illusion in mind of creature I can see in range – save INT DC 14. No effect on undead or constructs. On failed save, I create phantasmal object, creature or other visible phenomenon no larger than 10’ cube, inc. sound, temperature, other stimuli, perceivable only to target. Until passes Investigate DC 14 (uses Action), targets acts as if real, rationalizes any illogical contradictions – target attempting to walk phantom bridge over chasm falls once it steps onto bridge. If survives fall, still believes bridge exists and comes up with some other explanation for its fall – pushed, slipped, strong wind. Target can take damage from any creature or dangerous phenomena created – 1d6 psychic per round on my term, perceived as appropriate type by target.) (V, S, M (bit of fleece), Action) (Conc., 1 min.)
|Crown of Springtide (Attuned)||1||0.5 lbs.|
|Grandmother’s Bow (Arcane Focus) (Attuned)||1||2 lbs.|
|Convict’s Uniform (Under Grandmother’s Surcoat)||1||0.5 lbs||Grandmother’s Longsword||1||3 lbs|
|Grandmother’s Surcoat||1||13 lbs|
|Grappling Hook||1||4 lbs.|
|Waterskin||1||5 lbs. (full)|
|Dead Bloodlines, Dark Promises – Towards A Practical Theory of Spell Alteration – 2nd Circle (Used)||1||100 GP|
|In Every Mirror Your Master (Used)||1||75 GP|
|Our Heritage, Our Life, Our Empire: The Life and Loves of Rachel Simmons (History of Old Empire)||1||80 GP|
Lucens Princeps is not my name. It is my Jailor’s name.
I do not have a name. My Jailor has a name that once was mine. If they choose they may give it back when I am free. If I am ever free.
For now I will bear theirs, for I am as much their own as their good right hand.
I was convicted of using my powers for ill. I burned without care. I burned those dear to my Jailor. I did not mean to, deep in my heart, and yet the power chose for me because I did not control it. I pay the penalty to the Jailor, one whom I hurt and deprived, one of power and position. They had the choice to kill me.
Instead they made me their bondsman. They made their name my own and I surrendered to that name because I feared to die and thought it would be better to live, not free, but breathing.
I was wrong, I think now. Their plan is elaborate. They spent months preparing me. Pressuring Commander Fior. Driving home the depths of my peril and their hatred for me in sending me to this place.
I will fight and bleed in the service of Silanya. I will be free when I have paid Weregild. This Weregild is many thousands of Gold. I could not earn this in a lifetime at home; I may earn this if I find fortune in the battlegrounds of Silanya.
And if I do not, I will have died horribly or returned a maimed cripple.
Either way, in the eyes of my Jailor, justice will have been served.
Let me join you, people of Silanya; let me help you – for my sentence does not permit me to shirk from protecting the lives of others – but know that I am here because this awful land is what I deserve.
I am more broken now – of body, of mind. But there is such clarity, such simplicity, in letting go of my old strengths to find new growth where they held me fettered.
I am a Knight of the Green.